ROBINSONS HERITAGE

The shop that became the heart of Singapore The Robinsons story began on 25 February 1858, when John Spicer and Philip Robinson founded Spicer and Robinson, a family warehouse at Commercial Square (the present-day Raffles Place). The first Robinsons advertisement appeared in the Singapore Free Press in 1858. Even then, Robinsons projected quality, value, and prestige in its communications – brand values that have endured to today.

150 Years of Heritage

The monumental brand catered to Malay rulers and nearby kings, it survived and remained in operation despite financial crises, robberies, and times of war. Robinsons went on to open more doors and flourish into the brand it is today offering experiences previously unimaginable in retail.